5.31.2012

It's Raining

A couple of months ago I realized that I needed some good music to listen to while I clean the house. If I have something good then I start dancing and actually can get quite a good workout in at the same time that the chores are getting done! It is so much more fun that way! I had to think and think about what kind of music I like because it has been years since I have really listened to anything other than what is in our CD changer in the car and the random songs Jeff plays for me. I decided that I just really like show music. So the first album I chose to buy was "Grease". I knew that it would get me dancing. It does, by the way. I am pretty sure my kids think I'm a little crazy busting my moves as I wipe down counters, load the dishwasher, and fold clothes:)

Today, it's raining. I love the rain. Especially today because I woke up to a pretty clean house (not always the case, I assure you). I can't stand a messy house when it is raining or overcast; I'm not sure why but it depresses me. So today I am feeling pretty good about being cozy inside my nice clean house while the rain comes pouring down.

I feel like I almost always have a song for every occasion. "Mister", my 5th grade teacher, was the same way. You could say one word and he always had a song to go with it. Of course, it was a song none of us had ever heard of but he would sing it anyway. I like that I am growing up that way. I don't always sing my songs out loud but at least I think of them.

Naturally, the song that came to mind this morning as I am gazing out my window at the lush green grass and the dark skies with the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance is,

It's raining...on prom night.
My hair is a mess.
It's running all over 
My taffeta dress.
It's wilting the quilting
on my maiden form.
And mascara flows
right down my nose
because of the storm.

 Nice. I can't even think of another good rain song to go with this beautiful day. Maybe I'll have to branch out a little with my listening choices:)


I just realized I need the soundtrack to "West Side Story" so that I can dance around the house singing, "I Feel Pretty"! Haha.

No comments: