Today my heart is sad. A friend of mine who used to live here in Hewitt gave birth to a baby girl two days ago, a baby born at term with Trisomy 9, spina bifida, and many heart problems. Gracie Belle passed away early this morning. My heart is tender for those sweet parents who have struggled for months with the knowledge that their baby would not survive and who are now dealing with the loss of their baby girl.
How thankful I am for our Heavenly Father's goodness and mercy to us, especially in these times of trial. How wonderful it is to be able to be sealed as a family for all of eternity in the house of the Lord. I know it does not take away the pain and heartbreak of losing a child but I know it can help bring peace.
I am thankful for my opportunity to be a mom and to have these precious souls with me. I know I will be giving lots of extra hugs and kisses today:)
4 comments:
So sorry to read about your friend. I think any of us who are mothers can at very least empathize even if we haven't been down that road ourselves. Thanks for posting. I love the pictures and I love to read your writings. I really enjoy your writing and so I say---keep after it. I keep having the thoughts that I should write some family history stuff so you are inspiring me.
I haven't checked your blog for months and of course the one time I do it is very personal and tears are streaming down my face. Your friends are very lucky to have someone like you who is so understanding/thoughtful. You have a gift that way- I should know. You have blessed my life forever. Thanks.
Our familiy is experiencing similar pain, as this week my 17 month old nephew passed away. The pain is hard, but our knowledge of the Gospel is what gives us peace.
It is so sad, we love our Emma and her sweet family.
Post a Comment