We decided to head to AZ for Christmas this past year and since we couldn't really take all of our Christmas loot with us, we celebrated Christmas a few days early at home. We surprised the kids one night by telling them that we were going to AZ for Christmas (they were so excited) and that Santa had just dropped their presents off early. Jeff built a fire in the fireplace while the kids all waited in the boys' room. Here they all are waiting to go into the Christmas tree- I can't believe there are SIX of them!!
These are the girls' Christmas outfits - I couldn't find any infant dresses in their size so they got these instead. I think I liked them better:) Callie, Kimber
We spent much of the week in Mesa with all of Jeff's family and because of road closures, we didn't even think that we would be able to make it up the mountain to see my family at all. Thankfully, it worked out for us to leave on Friday afternoon and we barely made it through some rough spots. Here are some of the kids enjoying the snow on one of our pit stops. Right as we loaded back into the car to get back on the road, Jeff paused and said another prayer for our safety (we always say one at the beginning of our travels). About 1/2 mile up the road, we came upon an accident involving two vehicles that had just barely happened. I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't paused for the few seconds of the prayer we would have been involved as well. We definitely felt the hand of the Lord protecting our family.
We had a great break and it was so fun to get to see so much of our families - although we missed those we didn't get to see. I'm so glad that Jeff is such a fun dad and always tries to create memories for our family and encourages me to do fun things!
No comments:
Post a Comment