10.17.2010

Happy Birthday Lane!!!

Today my baby boy turned 2 years old! We played a little yesterday, flew kites, and all took a trip to Target to pick out birthday presents. Today we had blueberry muffins and went to Stake Conference. The older kids really loved making a big deal about Lane's birthday to him. They sang "Happy Birthday" about a zillion times and Cade called him "Birthday Boy" all day long. This evening we ate lasagna for dinner, had cake & ice cream, and played outside for a while. Here is Lane licking frosting off of one of his candles:



And here he is blowing his candles out - he loved it!


As per LeCheminant family tradition, we all said nice things about Lane while we ate our cake & ice cream. Here are some of the responses:

Cade - "Lane is a fun birthday boy."
Maddie - "Lane is cute and he makes me laugh."
Dad - "Lane gives the best hugs & kisses."
Cole - "Lane is fun and he takes care of us if we get hurt."
Mom - "Lane is the best snuggler and he makes me laugh every day."

We all really love Lane and are so happy & grateful to have him in our family happy & healthy. We were reminded of our scary pregnancy with him and are so grateful he is here with us. Here are some of Lane's favorites these days:

Blue's Clues
blocks
balls
helping in the kitchen
reading books
singing songs
mowing the lawn with Daddy (seriously...he could do this all day)

We love Lane & had a fun birthday with him today - can't believe he is 2 already!

5 comments:

Marla said...

How fun! Sounds like Lane had a wonderful day!

Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday Lane! So sorry we forgot to call, but tell him we love him and hope he had a great day. Thanks for all the updates, your kids are changing all the time!

Marla said...

Hey did Laner get his b'day card?

Brandon,Shara and Family said...

Happy Birhtday! He is such a handsome boy. I can't beleive he is two. Him and Aiden could be buddies. Aiden turned two in Febuary. Hope it was a great day : ).

Michelle said...

I just barely checked your blog after weeks of staying off the computer when I was in DC and when Chris and Tamara were in town. What fun posts! I love Cade's preschool debut. He's such a charmer! You're so skinny! Seriously, I know your belly feels big but you look so thin. You look great! The count down is on the way. I'm so glad you have an iron clad bank vault and hope I'm there when the girls are born. Laners looks so grown up! I love his blonde curls. That's one of the things I miss the most - birthday parties together. I really appreciate you capturing them with pictures. What precious kids you have. We'll see you soon!