8.23.2010

First Day of School 2010

Do parents ever think that their children aren't growing up quickly enough? I know I don't. I really can not believe that my little man is already 5 and off to his first day of Kindergarten today. And it is all-day K too - from 8am to 3:20pm - what a long day! He was pretty excited about going, even though his excitement is not evident from this shot:) Isn't he so handsome though? Reminds me a little of someone else I know!
Cole is in Mrs. Brewer's class and she seems very nice so we're glad about that. When I went to drop him off this morning, there were a bunch of parents & children all hovering around her classroom door and Cole told me, "Mom...I changed my mind. I don't want to go." He literally dug in his heels and would not go in the classroom. So we opted to take Maddie upstairs to her class first. By the time we got back to Cole's room, kids were sitting in their seats and all the parents were gone so it must not have been so intimidating to him because he just walked right in. I sure hope he is having a fun day!!


These two are best friends and play so well together - I love watching them! Madlyn has been such a mentor to Cole and has been teaching him all about what he can expect at school. I hope they get to see each other at some point during the day.


And of course, Madlyn had to do a cute pose for her picture! Madlyn is in Mrs. Posey's 2nd grade class and is a professional student at this point. When we dropped her off, her room was empty and the teacher wasn't there yet so Madlyn was going to wait outside with one other girl who was already there. When I asked her if she wanted me to wait with her, she seemed almost disgusted that I would even ask:) Before we found out which class she would be in, Madlyn was a little worried because "sometimes the 2nd grade teachers yell at their classes". I am already very impressed with Mrs. Posey though and I don't think Madlyn will have any problems at all:)

The two little guys & I have enjoyed our day so far. We have done a little laundry, taken an elderly lady in our ward shopping, played with some trucks & tools, eaten some Cheetos (our special lunch snack), and now Cade is sitting next to me watching some Diego while Lane rests. Now if only I had a little more energy...

Speaking of my lack of energy, here is the reason why:


Yep, those little girls just keep growing and growing! I am now 3 months from my due date (and trust me, I will probably go that long). I almost felt like announcing that I was pregnant with TWINS in Relief Society yesterday because apparently there are many people who do not know and I have to constantly explain why I am so big with my due date not being until the end of November. Here's just a sampling of the comments I got yesterday:

(whispered to her seat neighbor) "She looks like she's 9 months pregnant"

"So WHEN are you due?"

"Do you always get this big with your pregnancies?"

"Wow, you are PREGNANT!"

"Hey, you could at least try sucking it in!"

Oh, and just so you know...the last two comments were from some jokesters in our ward and of course, they were being funny. The others though...completely innocent!!

My favorite is the look I get when I tell people my due date (without mentioning the twins thing). It really is hilarious! It's like you can see the wheels in their heads turning and then they try to be polite and not make any rude comments. Of course, I tell them after that.

Well, that is what is happening here. I will post some pictures from Cole's birthday and our AZ trip (I only have a few that I stole from my sisters-in-law) soon. I'm hoping to do a better job in the blog department. Maybe just having two kids at home will help that!

11 comments:

Stacy said...

I can't see your face, but I think your belly is divine. I think bellies are the best and yours is twice as awesome to marvel at. Love you.

Stamp With Linz said...

Aww, I love that Cole decided he didn't want to go. His teacher will adore him.

And I think you look fabulous. :)
xoxo

Chad~Nicole said...

Cole is Jeff's clone. I hope they had a great day. Canon was exhausted after his first long day away from home. I'm sure you'll have cookies ready for them. ;)

Minda said...

I am sorry you are getting comments, I remember almost every comment people made about me when I had my twins, I guess I can't blame them I did look like a beached whale.

mariane said...

I think you look cute...and from the picture it looks like you are all babies:) That is so exciting!! Glad you guys are doing well!

Tressa said...

I guess I should clarify that I am not offended by all the comments; I realize that having two babies is supposed to make me bigger:) But...I just get a little bit tired of having to explain it to people.

Davis Family said...

Aww, the excitement of the first day of school! I hope they enjoy it and I am sure Cole is loving it now. It is getting closer until your twins come, yeah! You look great!

Michelle said...

Loved the pictures! They're old hats at school now. Those teachers couldn't be so lucky to have such great kids in their class! You look divine! Who wants teensy weensy babies? Love you lots, MOM L.

Katharine said...

You look AWESOME!!! I loved the evite to your shower. So adorable. I am so sad I won't be there. We love you and miss you and the fam so much. Lets catch up soon.

Love ya,

K

Brandon,Shara and Family said...

One of my friends who had twins experienced the same thing. I think you look great!

Brandon,Shara and Family said...

P.S Tell Camilla I want to join her blog : ).