I was nursing my sweet baby Lane last night and just watching how cute he is. I love his long fingers and how he spreads them all out as he reaches for something. When he eats and sleeps, he likes to touch something soft...my hair, his teddy bear, or even his own hair. So I was watching his long fingers reach up to rest on the top of his head while he was eating...so relaxed and so cute. Man, he just melts my heart. He is such a smiler, a cuddler and I think he kind of likes me. I am just lovin' every minute of having him close to me. "Freight Train Lane" has been seen standing on his own (no real steps taken as of yet but I'm not complaining since he just turned 8 mos. old) and has about the cutest lopsided grin ever. His teeth have been coming in very randomly and so he has one incisor on the top, one middle bottom one, and then a space and then another one. We borrowed a nickname from some friends and call him 'Snaggle Tooth' because of his one incisor...so cute!
Cade is funny. He can most often be seen wielding a ball and a baseball bat, or anything that slightly resembles a ball and bat, like a rock (book, toy) and a baton (sword, stick). He throws said ball and swings said bat at anything in his way. He has been spotted repeatedly throwing rocks in Grandpa's pool and swinging bats at trash cans, light switches, and his siblings' heads. At this very moment he is graciously emptying my bookshelf of all its contents...all over the living room floor - he has quite the arm. One of Cade's other favorite things to do is "Pop Goes the Weasel". This is a special ritual we do while I'm lying on the floor with my knees bent and he sits on my feet while I sing the song. When we get to the word 'pop', I pop my feet up and his legs go flying. He asks for it over and over again.
Cole cracks me up. Yesterday we had the bug guy here spraying. When he walked back to his truck to get supplies after first coming in, Cole asked if he was coming back. "I want him to come back", he said, "because I like his hair" (it was kind of bleached or something - Cole called it orangish/yellow). Well, then he followed him around the entire house, inside and outside and asked him questions and told him random facts about himself, like that he can ride his bike without training wheels. Oh, and he insisted on pulling his bike out and riding it around while the guy worked. Jeff says that he was the same way when he was a kid. The only difference: Jeff was too shy to actually talk to the guys who came to do work. Umm, Cole definitely doesn't have that problem. Cole is also learning how to swim without floaties and it is stinkin' hilarious. He does such a good job of putting his face in and swimming...he just doesn't get very far.
Maddie is missing kindergarten and her friends. She is, as usual, a big helper with her big brothers and me. She and Cole had a little confrontation this morning and she told me later that she had made him help her make her bed and clean up her room to make up for hitting her. Funny. But...we are learning a lot about repentance and it makes sense I guess. She is reading more and more and was pretty excited to tell me that she had read "one page out of a 2nd grade book" when she was reading with her Grandma L. She doesn't like to be pushed though and so she would rather I read the books when we're reading together. Maddie is also swimming really well, LOVES the water, and is getting a cute little tan that I'm jealous of. Madlyn has her 3rd wiggly tooth and was so excited she had to call Raelyn on the spot and let her know:) Maddie initiated a sweet conversation the other night about everyone's talents and when we got finished listing Cole's talents, Mom's talents, Dad's talents, and Cade's talents, Mads said, "Here's my talents: I'm good at swimming, planning, and loving." I am grateful that she can recognize her abilities and the great worth that she has.
Well, that's a little insight into our happenings...a whole lotta laughin' and lovin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment