6.11.2009

8 Years...


back in the day...when we were dating

I love these studio shots we had done!
And this was a silly one when we were taking our engagement pictures!

A couple of years ago, I had a newlywed inform me that she was sorry, but I no longer had the best husband. To which I replied, "I'm glad that you think so." She insisted, "No really. I have the best husband in the world." Again, "I'm glad that you think so." And although I would have had a convincing argument, I did not want to argue with her because I sure am glad that she feels that way about her true love. I believe that every woman should think that she has been blessed with the best husband in the whole world. It would be tragic if some man's wife did not think he was God's gift to women and to the world. (If the husband feels that way, there might be problems...but I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman feeling that her husband is the best there is). I do not get offended if a friend brags on her man; there is no reason for me to feel insecure and there is nothing to compare. Each marriage is completely different and each person needs someone different to fulfill them.

So...with that preface, I truly have the best husband in the whole world. It has been a little over 8 years since we were married and I did not know then how lucky I was. I knew I was getting a good one, but I could not have imagined how great of a catch he really is. I was thinking about our life the other day and the word that kept coming to my mind was "bliss". Now, this does not mean that we have a picture perfect life and that everything is always easy. But the way I feel having Jeff by my side in the craziness that we call our life is "bliss". Life with him is better than I could have hoped for or even dreamed for.

So in honor of our anniversary that we celebrated a couple of weeks ago, here are a few of my favorite things about this man that I married.

  • he is spontaneous
  • he wants a truck again
  • he can 'fix anything'
  • he loves a good movie (some favorites: all of the Rockys, Bourne movies, Lord of the Rings, and most recently...Pride & Prejudice - OK, he is just watching that one for me)
  • he is a very hard worker
  • he is a good brother
  • he is a very good son
  • he is a good friend
  • he is loyal
  • he is very un-critical
  • he is nonjudgmental
  • what you see is what you get with him - he doesn't pretend anything
  • he is "poetry in motion" on the basketball court
  • he is such a good dad - very patient and fun and hands-on. He likes to take them camping or hiking or to the movies.
  • he is a good teacher - he has the best object lessons for teaching our kids gospel principles
  • he is very thorough
  • he is honest and fair
  • he is a very supportive husband - he encourages me to pursue my own personal interests
  • he is involved in taking care of our home; he empties trash, vacuums, cooks and even washes dishes
  • he could probably be a better cook than me
  • he remembers things about new people he meets so that he always has something to ask them about when he sees them next (one of the first things I loved about him)
  • he is very genuine
  • he is very loving and affectionate in all his relationships
  • he loves my family and is very supportive of them and my relationships with them
  • he doesn't let me be too uptight
  • he makes me laugh every day
  • he likes my sense of humor
  • he loves music
  • I love listening to him sing (so do our kids)
  • he is independent
  • he loves learning and trying new things
  • he is patient with me
  • he loves life
  • he has fun nicknames for me and our kids
  • I love when he calls me 'sweetheart'
  • he thinks I'm beautiful
  • he is perfectly handsome
Thanks, babe for the best almost-9 years ever! I am so happy I found you (or that someone pushed me in your direction). Eternity is lookin' good!!!

5 comments:

belle black said...

Love this post. Tress- we could all list a million reasons why we're so happy Jeff found you. He's a good man and lucky to have a wonderful wife who appreciates him! Thanks for loving my brother. :)

The Whatcott Fam said...

So sweet. I love the pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Davis Family said...

Happy Anniversary a few weeks ago! What a huge blessing!

Michelle said...

Ditto what Belle said, "Thanks for loving my son" and seeing the best in him and in your marriage. There's nothing better than a good marriage - it makes everything better. You're an angel and we're so grateful for you in our family.

lyssamcaleavy said...

I loved hearing everything you love about Bean, especially that he watched Pride and Prejudice (still haven't convinced Sean to watch that one :) You guys make a perfect pair!