2.15.2008

St. Valentine was good to us

So Valentine's Day has never been very exciting for us as a married couple. When we were first married, I often had to work in the evenings so we didn't do much and then we started getting kids and so Valentine's Day often consisted of a quiet dinner at home as a family. Last year I was impatiently waiting the birth of our baby so we didn't plan anything, hoping that we would be in the hospital or something (not the case, by the way). I usually don't mind our simple Valentine's rituals; but I do love to get flowers and sometimes miss that. My sweet practical husband doesn't quite understand why he should spend money on something like flowers that just die anyway, BUT because of this, it is all the more special when he does get flowers because I know how much of a sacrifice it is for him. On Wednesday, I had Activity Days at my house and he came home during our activity and took the baby for me while we finished. Tanna & I left to take the girls home and when we came back to gather everything up, this beautiful bouquet was sitting on my table. It was perfect timing; my day had been quite harried and I was feeling at the end of my frazzled rope; I had to keep the tears from rolling down. I love the flowers but I especially LOVE that I know Jeff so unselfishly thought of me and what I would want. It started the holiday off perfectly!
Yesterday was a fun day too. It was quite busy as I was trying to get some Valentines done for the other moms in our preschool group, watching some friends' kids, getting the house in order, and making dinner for my sweetie. We did, again, have a quiet dinner at home and it was so fun. I made lasagna, salad, corn, and bread and we all drank Martinelli's (the kids love to toast). Then we had bath time, scriptures & prayers, and then Jeff told the older two their nightly story before heading off to bed. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself as I was done putting children down at 7:40, which is unheard of for us. The night was complete with a few competitive games of UNO...I reigned champion (Jeff will debate this, but I did let him win a few times)! It was my best Valentine's Day ever. I love you, Jeff! Thanks for such a great day, and also for making all my days better than I could have ever hoped for! You are the best husband and daddy in the whole world and I am so grateful that we were led to each other...you are my best friend and I love you!

1 comment:

Chad~Nicole said...

Thanks for offering me your dinner. :) Our Valentines didn't go as planned, but we appreciate the treats you brought over.