
There are a few things in my life as a homemaker that give me a tremendous amount of satisfaction. Baking bread and making pumpkin rolls are high on the list. There is nothing like sitting back after a few hours of mess & work and seeing your creation, perfect and untouched. Today, I added another to my list. Canning. Yes, I canned tomatoes for the first time as an adult person and definitely the first time by myself (well, not really...I had to call my mom & sister for moral support & some guidance). I really am so excited. I plan to do some more tomatoes this week, and hopefully some peaches soon if I can find a good deal, and next...who knows? The canning possibilities are endless.

P.S. Thanks to my mom for lending me her steam canner & to my mother-in-law for the use of the jars. I'm so excited to get my own equipment soon; I just wanted to make sure that I would actually use it if I went out and bought it...I think I will. Yay! I'm so excited!
4 comments:
Just wanted to say HI! Now that we are gone from Queen Creek, we miss the Snow's so much! So a get together with everyone would be nice!
Hey, Jewelia! I have checked out your blog periodically when I go to Noelle's. Congrats on your new house - hope it all goes well!
I canned some peaches a few weeks ago. I got them through
www.bountifulbaskets.org I get most of my fruits and veggies though them. Right now they have apples by the box. Check it out!
I'm so proud of your tomatos, I hope you were able to do the peaches. I won't even let anyone use mine now because I like the way they look all organized on the shelf:)
Post a Comment